Can you believe Thanksgiving is TOMORROW? I still have tons to do to get ready for our family dinner, but I CANNOT WAIT to eat a ton of food, take lots of naps, and indulge in great wine.
Speaking of tasty juice, here are my picks for 5 Wines to Serve on Thanksgiving:
1) 2013 Caves du Fournalet Cotes du Rhone, $5.99 at Trader Joe's. Yes, you read that right. It's a super value, so if you're feeding a crowd, this is the wine for you! Caves du Fournalet is a mild, fruity wine that tastes like blackberries, plums and currants. The finish is well balance with hints of vanilla and currant.
2) 2010 Paraduxx Z Blend, $37 at Binny's. A smooth wine with aromas of plums, black fruits, chocolate and baking spices. This is a light, jammy zinfandel blend that appeals to most palettes, making it a sure bet for your Thanksgiving table.
3) 2011 Domaine Grand Nicolet Cotes du Rhone Rasteau, $20 at Binny's. An expressive, full, rich wine with a smoky, earthy nose. Decant it one hour prior to serving to bring out all the ripe fruit flavors this wine has to offer. Coined a "foodie" wine, because it literally begs for food, this is a great wine to share with any meal!
4) 2013 Marcel Lapierre Morgon Gamay $57 at Binny's , Tastes like cranberries, pomegranate, white pepper and sour cherry. This fruity, light-bodied red is a the perfect pairing with turkey. Make sure to decant an hour before serving to allow the flavors to develop.
5) 2009 Caraccioli Pinot Noir $47 at Caraccioli, This is one of my favorite wineries. Their pinot noirs are grown in the Santa Lucia Highlands and I love their flavor profiles. This wine tastes like cherries, blackberries, and lilac. It has impeccable balance and a medium long finish. Drink this anytime!
Happy Sipping (and feasting)!